BOARD OF TRUSTEES
Tamrin Amal Tomagola
Dr. Thamrin Amal Tomagola (born 17 April 1947) is a sociologist from the University of Indonesia. He studied at several universities, including Sociology, Faculty of Social Sciences and Politics, Universitas Indonesia (1974), National University of Australia (M.A. in social demographics, 1982), and the University of Essex, United Kingdom (Ph.D. in media sociology, 1990).
Agus Pratama Sari
Agus Sari is the Chief Executive Officer of Landscape Indonesia. He is the Chief Executive Officer of Yayasan Belantara (2016-2017). Previously he served as Deputy Minister / Vice Chairman of the Indonesian REDD+ Management Agency in charge of planning and financing for one year (2014-2015). He also teaches Technology Management, Innovation, and Entrepreneurship at the School of Business and Management, Bandung Institute of Technology, and Climate Change Finance at the University of Indonesia. In 2007, he was the Lead Author of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) which led to the Nobel Peace Prize to the IPCC.
He is a senior lecturer at the University of Indonesia. Previously, he worked at the Ministry of Law and Human Rights. He is currently working on the rights of the elderly and has been closely engaged with the National Commission of the Elderly, Indonesia.
Yanuar Nugroho is a former Deputy II Chief of Presidential Staff of the Republic of Indonesia, period 2015-19. Previously, he was The Chief Expert Assistant of the President's Work Unit for Development Supervision &Control (UKP4) 2012-14. Yanuar has been active in three Indonesian NGOs: Business Watch Indonesia, the Social Democratic Union, and ELSPPAT/Institute for Rural Development and Sustainable Agriculture. He now joins the ISEAS-Yusof Ishak Institute in Singapore as a Visiting Senior Fellow.
Nadine Zamira Sjarief
Nadine is a Meridian Affiliate based in Indonesia and Southeast Asia Regional Manager of the Accountability Framework initiative (AFi). She specializes in commodity-driven deforestation and sustainable supply chain projects by contributing to strategy development, project implementation, and multi-stakeholder engagement. She has worked for organizations at both the global and regional level including The Body Shop, GiZ, Rainforest Alliance, and UNDP Sustainable Palm Oil Initiative. Nadine also co-founded an entrepreneurial venture based in Jakarta, Indonesia (LeafPlus) focusing on environmental communications which have catered to NGO, private sector and government clients. She holds a Master of Environmental Management from Yale School of Forestry and Environmental Studies.
BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
Arief Aziz is the Country Director of Change.org Indonesia, a social enterprise and digital platform facilitating individuals and organizations to start, mobilize, and win social campaigns through online petition. Change.org Indonesia is a part of Change.org International, a global network used by over 150 million users in 196 countries, with offices in over 18 countries. Arief is also a co-founder of TEDxJakarta, an independently organized TED event, dedicated to ideas worth spreading. He is a graduate of the Faculty of Computer Science, Universitas Indonesia.
Anita Ashvini Wahid
Anita is the Presidium of MAFINDO (Masyarakat Anti Fitnah Indonesia), an organization that focused on raising awareness and eradicating hoaxes among the society in Indonesia. Anita is also active as one of the figures in Gusdurian, known not only as a forum for students and admirers of Gus Dur's thinking, but also to launch a variety of tangible humanitarian movements. In 2020, was elected to the TikTok Security Advisory Board in Asia Pacific.
Mohammad Syafi Alielha
He is founder and editor of Islami.co, a website to promote values and campaigning moderate and peaceful Islam. They do counter-narrative & provide alternative-narrative to what is called islamic extremism to establish inclusive and cohesive society in the modern age. He is also Chief Editor of NUOnline, a website belong to Nahdlatul Ulama, one of the two largest Muslim Organizations in Indonesia. was Chief Editor of Voice+ Magazine. He was one of the student movement leaders that toppled down Suharto in 1998. For the last twenty years, he has been experimenting social projects such as StreetWise.
Fitri Bintang Timur
She is a researcher with expertise on security sector reform and cyber security. She holds a PhD from Cranfield University, United Kingdom. She studied at Dortmunt University, Institute of Technology, Bandung, and University of Indonesia. One of her most pieces is Towards a Resilient Regional Cyber Security: Perspectives and Challenges in Southeast Asia, published by CSIS Indonesia in 2019.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Usman Hamid is Executive Director of Amnesty International Indonesia and Executive Board of Transparency International Indonesia. He finished his MPhil study at the Department of Political and Social Change, College of Asia and the Pacific, Australian National University 2016. In 1998, Usman was a student activist from Trisakti University where four students were shot dead—this incident triggered a nationwide protest that toppled the Suharto regime. He subsequently became the coordinator of KontraS, the Commission for Missing Persons and Victims of Violence, and its council representative in the Asian Federation Against Disappearances based in Manila. In 2004 Usman was appointed a member of the Presidential Fact-Finding Team that investigated the 2004 murder of prominent human rights defender Munir Said Thalib. He also served as an expert adviser to the International Center for Transitional Justice, Jakarta office, and Frontline Defenders, from 2010 until 2012. In 2011 Usman was appointed to the Presidential Working Unit for the Supervision and Management of Development, where he reviewed the policy on Indonesia’s Human Rights Nation Plan of Action of 2011–2014. In 2012 Usman co-founded the Public Virtue — Institute for Digital Democracy and the Indonesian Branch of Change.org, the world’s largest online petition platform. He has been a visiting scholar at the University of Columbia (2003) and held a fellowship at Nottingham University (2009).
- Ph.D, Political Science, Ecole des Hautes Etudes en Sciences Sociales (EHESS) Paris, Perancis, 2010
- D.E.A, Political Science, Ecole des Hautes Etudes en Sciences Sociales (EHESS), Paris, Perancis, 2006 – 2008
- Diplome French Language, Faculty of Cultural Sciences, Gajah Mada University (UGM), Yogyakarta, Indonesia, 1999 – 2002
- S.Th.I, Islamic Theology, State Islamic University (UIN) Sunan Kalijaga Yogyakarta, 1998 – 2004
- Associate Research Fellow, Indonesia Program, Institute of Defense and Strategic Studies, S. Rajaratnam School of International Studies (RSIS), Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, 2018
- Visiting Research Fellow, Indonesia Program, Institute of Defense and Strategic Studies, S. Rajaratnam School of International Studies (RSIS), Nanyang Technologcal University, Singapore, 2017 – 2018
- President Director, Lembaga Amil Zakat Infak dan Shadaqah Muhammadiyah (Lazismu) PP Muhammadiyah, 2016 - 2017
- Managing Director, Public Virtue Institute (PVI), Jakarta Indonesia, 2012 – 2013
- Staff, Indonesian Embassy of Republic of Indonesia, Paris France, 2009 – 2012
- Programme Director, The Institute for the Study of Islam and Politics, Yogyakarta, 2005 – 2006
- Executive Editor, Majalah GERBANG, Universitas Muhammadiyah Yogyakarta - Kemdiknas RI, 2005 – 2006
- Programme Manager, People Voters Education Network (JPPR) – The Asia Foundation, Yogyakarta, 2004 – 2006
- Executive Editor, Jurnal MEDIA INOVASI (Ilmu Sosial dan Humaniora), University of Muhammadiyah Yogyakarta, 2004 – 2006
- Researcher, Lembaga Penelitian dan Pengembangan Pendidikan (LP3) University of Muhammadiyah Yogyakarta, 2004 – 2006
- Arabic Teacher, Arabic CLUB Yogyakarta, 2004 – 2005
Edwin Partogi Pasaribu
Edwin Partogi completed his bachelor of law studies at the Universitas Indonesia (2000). At the beginning of his career, Edwin Head of Operations at the Komisi Untuk Orang Hilang dan Korban Tindak Kekerasan (KONTRAS), an organization focusing on monitoring human rights issues, specifically cases of enforced disappearances of activist, in the period 2000-2010. Edwin is also an active member of Lembaga Perlindungan Saksi dan Korban (LPSK). He followed the selection of LPSK Leadership Candidates until re-elected as Vice Chairman of LPSK RI Period 2019-2024.
Research and Development
- Pondok Pesantren Lirboyo Kediri Jawa Timur,
- Fakultas Akidah-Filsafat, Universitas Al-Azhar Kairo, Mesir
- S2 di Sekolah Pasca Sarjana (SpS) Universitas Islam Negeri (UIN) Syarif Hidayatullah Jakarta
- Sekretaris Lajnah Bahtsul Masail Pondok Pesantren Lirboyo Kediri, (1997-2001)
- Rais Am Madrasah Hidayatul Mubtadiin Pondok Pesantren Lirboyo Kediri Jawa Timur, (1996-2001)
- Delegator Pondok Pesantren Lirboyo Kediri Jawa Timur untuk Bahtsul Masail antar Pesantren se-Indonesia
- Pimpinan Redaksi Jurnal Afkar PCI-NU Mesir, 2004-2006
- Pengurus Lakpesdam PCI-NU Mesir, 2004-2007
- Pengurus SAS Center PCI-NU Mesir, 2005-2007
- Program Officer Penelitian dan Kajian Yayasan Rumah KitaB, 2010 - 2019
- Pengurus The Ishlah Center di Bidang Perdamaian dan Rekonsiliasi, 2017 - 2020
Haikal merupakan seorang pegiat dunia literasi. Pengalamannya dalam dunia penerbitan memberikan pengalaman dalam membentuk karakternya. Ia juga menyukai diskursus culture studies. Saat ini sedang menempuh S2 di UGM dengan bidang studi Manajemen Informasi dan Perpustakaan.
She holds a Bachelor of Political Science: International Relations, Universitas Muhammadiyah Yogyakarta - Yogyakarta, Indonesia. She was chosen to join the Student Exchange Program: International Relations at Thammasat University - Bangkok, Thailand focusing on Environmental Politics, Public Policy and Management in the Global Context and Administrative Law. She is compassionate and eager to learn more about human rights and advocacy. During her study, she took several relevant coursework such as International Organization and Institution, Gender and Politics, Environmental Politics, and others. Additionally, her abilities extend to communication and critical thinking with proficiency in organization. Recently, she became a teaching assistant for the class of Gender and Politics by Dr. Nur Azizah, M.Si. She would love for an opportunity to contribute in the practitioner field of gender issues.
Research and Development
She holds a Bachelor of International Relations, Catholic University of Parahyangan (UNPAR). As a Research and Campaign Assistant at Amnesty International Indonesia in 2020, she was involved in the producing research outputs on the human rights implications of COVID-19 as well as supporting the organization's campaign works. She had done internship at the Institute for Research and Community Services, Universitas Katolik Parahyangan in 2019. She was also an intern for socio-cultural education at the Embassy of The Republic of Indonesia in Beijing July 2019.
Research and Development
He is a lead project of the Centre for Social Justice at Public Virtue Foundation. He is also a researcher with more than three years’ experience in urban and regional development, informality, and human rights. He holds a bachelor’s degree from Urban and Regional Planning programme at Institut Teknologi Bandung (ITB). He was an assistant researcher at Regional and Rural Research Group at ITB and a campaign intern at Amnesty International Indonesia. Naufal is also the co-founder and managing editor of Kolektif Agora, a collective/media of urbanists based in Bandung and Jakarta. He has authored a number of academic and popular articles covering topics such as informal housing and economy, community-based tourism, as well as rights to the city.